The focus of the Center is to provide services in two areas – the administration of SafeSport Training and to act as an independent party to investigate and resolve allegations of sexual misconduct against any person within the jurisdiction of the national governing bodies, including USA Hockey.
As a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Hockey has agreed, effective with the beginning of the 2017-18 membership season on April 1, 2017, to adhere to the Center’s policies and procedures, which includes the Center’s SafeSport Code that identifies prohibited conduct and the procedures for investigating and resolving allegations. The Center will have exclusive authority and jurisdiction to investigate and resolve allegations involving sexual misconduct against the following classes of persons ("Covered Individuals"):
1. Those persons registered with USA Hockey as Registered Participant Members (players and coaches), referees, and in the “Ice Manager/ Volunteer” category,
2. All persons serving as a member of USA Hockey’s Board of Directors, on a national level council, committee or section, or in any other similar positions appointed by USA Hockey,
3. All coaches, officials or staff (e.g., trainers, physicians, equipment managers) for any USA Hockey team, camp or national level program,
4. All USA Hockey national staff, and
5. Any person that is elected or appointed by a USA Hockey Affiliate or Member Program to a position of authority over athletes or that have frequent contact with athletes.
USA Hockey will retain the authority to investigate and resolve allegations of SafeSport policies that are non-sexual in nature.
In USA Hockey, all Covered Individuals over the age of 18 are required to report suspected SafeSport violations related to or accompanying sexual misconduct to the Center for SafeSport. Information on reporting to the Center can be found by clicking here.
The Center will have the jurisdiction and authority to impose sanctions against Covered Individuals within USA Hockey (as well as other national governing bodies), and USA Hockey will enforce any suspension, measures or other sanction throughout USA Hockey programs.