Job Title: Manager of Annual Giving
Department: USA Hockey Foundation
Reports To: Senior Director of The USA Hockey Foundation
Basic Function: The Manager of Annual Giving is responsible for growing the donor base, renewing and upgrading donor support, and strengthening relationships with current donors below the major donor level. The Manager also develops and implements strategy for direct mail and electronic fundraising, member level communications and cultivation efforts, including events. The Manager is further responsible for maintaining, developing and troubleshooting the Raiser’s Edge donor database to track all donations, while working closely with the Senior Director.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead a comprehensive annual appeal program, including strategies to incorporate alumni groups, e-campaigns, giving societies, focus on new donors, and increasing average gift amounts.
- Responsible for planning and implementing multiple online and direct mail appeals annually, with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal. Involves working with printers, mail-fulfillment vendors, and key staff. Work with Senior Director on theme and artistic concept.
- Manage the Foundation’s Circle of Champions giving program, including the creation and production of direct mail pieces, data management and online appeals
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Oversee the daily operation of the Development database (Blackbaud Raiser's Edge), which tracks gift/financial and biographical information on alumni, friends, and donors.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data, including input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed.
- Identify content for the Foundation’s website and quarterly alumni e-newsletter and
- donor e-newsletter.
- Coordinate annual giving content for the Foundation’s Annual Report
- Recruit and supervise intern as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Program Experience: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge; Raiser's Edge NXT; Blackbaud Online Express; and Blackbaud Merchant Services preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in development direct mail and managing a complex database preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit setting.
- Experience with a sports organization preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Must possess knowledge of fundraising principles and practices and maintain a
- professional, polished demeanor.
- Strategic thinking and excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to athletic minded
- individuals, hockey fans, parents, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and ability to prioritize and
- manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member.
- Must be able and willing to work an irregular schedule as needed, additional hours
- during peak times or as required.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of
- integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of USA Hockey and The USA Hockey Foundation.
- Standard office equipment
- Office in a multi-level building
- Travel up to 20% of time
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package.
Availability: Position to begin in February of 2019 at USA Hockey's national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application and current resume to the Senior Director, Tamara Tranter, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.