Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all aspects of leading Women's National and Olympic teams including on-ice training, player selection, scouting and coaching staff management.
- Maintain a player pool for current and prospective players and coaches for Women's National and Olympic teams.
- Collaborate with hockey operations and support staff to coordinate team and player logistics in a timely manner.
- Oversee and manage budgets, scheduling, player communication, team staff management, logistics and international competitions/relationships for the Women's National programs.
- Manage all communication with female players in the USADA doping program, and facilitate USOC implementation of all relevant athlete support programs.
- Help grow the pool of elite female coaches in the U.S.
- Partner with USA Hockey internal departments to ensure marketing, media and communication requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Supervise and collaborate with Women's Hockey staff to deliver USA Hockey summer development camps including national, district and affiliate camps.
- Serve as a leader and staff liaison on Women's National Team Advisory Committee.
- Represent USA Hockey as a member of the IIHF Women's Hockey Committee.
- Work with the IIHF and women's international federations on growing and developing the women's game.
- Build relationships with NCAA women's hockey program coaches to facilitate open communication channels between universities and USA Hockey.
- Represent USA Hockey at events, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in key business and policy decisions as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Work with key stakeholders to partner in strategic planning process for USA Hockey by identifying growth opportunities in the area of women's hockey.
- Foster a culture that encourages teamwork, open and constructive communication and a positive working environment. Other duties include performance management, mentoring and developing talent.
- Collaborate with USA Hockey volunteers on women's hockey initiatives.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Seven or more years of professional experience with increasing responsibility in the sport of ice hockey.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Must have excellent communication, leadership and management skills, and demonstrated capability to be hands-on and make difficult and timely decisions.
- Ability to manage budget and make fiscally responsible decisions related to budget allocation.
- Demonstrated ability to foster team environment with immediate and organizational teams. Experience in team building and collaborative environments.
- Strategic thinking and excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to gain buy-in across multiple disciplines and drive execution.
- Ability to coach and mentor subordinates.
- Standard office equipment
- Office in a multi-level building
- Considerable travel required
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package.
Availability: Position to begin immediately.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application and current resume to the Director of Human Resources, Kara Deschenes, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.