Job Title: Manager, Program Services
Department: Program Services/Membership
Reports To: Director, Program Services
Basic Function: The Manager, Program Services will provide education and resources to local USA Hockey member associations to support all aspects of youth hockey growth and association business operations.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Membership and Program Development
- Establish and maintain relationships with USA Hockey’s District, Affiliate, local association and industry leaders
- Provide support to local leadership on growing 8 & under hockey through the development of tools, best practices, program development and leveraging data.
- Attend Affiliate and association meetings, both in person and virtually, throughout the country to foster relationships and engage the audience with growth initiatives and leadership development opportunities.
- Help coordinate and administer several events, initiatives and educational programs including, but not limited to; Try Hockey for Free, Welcome Back Week, Girls’ Hockey Weekend, Learn to Play, the Hattrick Growth Challenge, Hockey Director/Association Leader Course, and Leadership Development Symposiums
- Maintain, expand upon, and promote the Club Excellence online portal and related association support tools to assist local leaders in providing governance best practices and leading their organizations with intent.
- Maintain, expand upon and promote the Find Hockey Near You and Try Hockey For Free online platforms to assist with local association grassroots growth.
- Research and build programs, resources, and best practices for use by local associations.
- Liaison with professional hockey clubs and leagues on partnering on grassroots initiatives
- Assist with adult hockey events and membership initiatives as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Foster a culture that encourages teamwork, open and constructive communication and a positive working environment.
- Collaborate with USA Hockey volunteers on all functions as listed above
- Collaborate with other departments within USA Hockey to further membership growth expand member benefits
- Established experience in customer relationship management is optimal.
- Experience with public speaking or webinars a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years of professional experience in youth sports programming
- Experience working within USA Hockey’s volunteer structure is preferred.
- Experience with the operations of an organizational board, preferably in a youth sports environment.
- Must have excellent communication, leadership, organizational, management skills, and capability to be hands-on and make difficult and timely decisions.
- Strong relationship building skills required
- Strategic thinking, excellent written and verbal communication as well as problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously is a must.
- Basic computer skills and ability and willingness to learn online systems quickly.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Public speaking or public instructing experience is preferred.
- Standard office equipment
- Work space within a multi-level building and indoor/outdoor ice arenas
- Extensive travel required
- This position does require occasionally working on nights and weekends.
- Salary range is $50,000 - $55,000 based on experience This is a full-time, exempt position.
Our benefits package is generous and includes:
- Twelve (12) paid holidays, 10 days of vacation, 7 days of sick leave, and 2 personal days.
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans with minimal co-pay. We pay a substantial amount of the health insurance premiums for our employees.
- Life insurance and long term disability insurance are company paid.
- Position to begin immediately at USA Hockey’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- To apply, email a letter of application, and current resume, to email@example.com.
- No phone calls, please.
USA Hockey does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based only on job-related factors.