ABOUT THE ROLE: Support day-to-day operations and general Hockey Development Department responsibilities as it relates to youth hockey.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with logistics/administration for events within the Hockey Development Departments. This includes but is not limited to helping create schedules, support on housing, transportation, meals, making name tags and player packets, administrative support for the USA Hockey events app, reviewing player registration forms, compiling player evaluations and rankings.
- Provide support for the ADM Managers and Coaching Education Program
- Communicate effectively with USA Hockey members and volunteers
- Potential for travel and on-site responsibilities at events as determined by USA Hockey
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Working toward a Bachelor degree in Sports Management, Business or related field
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Results oriented
- Comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work with volunteers and senior staff
- Strong writing, editing and computer skills with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and video editing software
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Standard office equipment
- Office in a multi-level building. Ascending or descending stairs and the like. Elevator on premises.
- Physical demands: exerting up to 25 lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time
- This is a flexible PT internship in which you can gain valuable experience
- Internship duration is through the school year
- Paid at $12.56 per hour
- The internship is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, at USA Hockey headquarters
- The position is available immediately
CONTACT US TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT USA HOCKEY
USA Hockey provides the foundation for the sport of ice hockey in America; helps young people become leaders, even Olympic or Paralympic heroes; and connects the game at every level while promoting a lifelong love of the sport. USA Hockey’s primary emphasis is on the support and development of grassroots hockey programs. Its cutting-edge American Development Model, which was launched in January 2009, provides associations nationwide with a blueprint for age-appropriate athlete development. As the National Governing Body for the sport of ice hockey in the United States, USA Hockey is the official representative to the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee and the International Ice Hockey Federation.