Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: USA Hockey National Office - Colorado Springs, Colo.
Date Posted: August 5, 2021
Basic Function: The Executive Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the executive office of USA Hockey, as well as administrating the policies and operations of the organization in accordance with its by-laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Distribute correspondence and notices per USA Hockey by-laws and regulations
- Process, proof and prepare legislative changes to by-laws, regulations and policies
- Assist in the communication with the Executive Committee and Board
- Prepare and distribute presentations, correspondence and reports, including meeting minutes of USA Hockey
- Responsible for all aspects of planning the USA Hockey Annual Meeting, Winter Meeting, and Executive Committee meetings; includes processing invites, registrations, meeting schedule, audio visual requirements and room set-ups, accommodations and banquet details
- Maintain history of service of volunteers for recognition of service awards
- Maintain central and electronic filing system
- Screen incoming calls for executive office
- Schedule travel, accommodations and meeting specifics for Executive Director as well as the Executive Committee
- Process travel approvals for all national office staff based on the USA Hockey Travel Policy
- Prepare and maintain the executive office calendar
- Assist and review department and administration budgets for annual meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or its equivalent, college degree preferred
- 5+ years executive administrative assistant experience
- Strong computer skills with essential knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with senior administrators, Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors of USA Hockey
- Proven success in overseeing the completion of project deadlines
- Must have excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Strong skills in editing, writing, proofreading, and comparison of documents
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work extra hours and travel, as needed
- Salary range is $40,000-$45,000 based on experience
- Position to begin immediately at USA Hockey’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- To apply, submit a letter of application, current resume and at least three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please.
USA Hockey does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based only on job-related factors.