Job Title: Manager of Communications
Department: Marketing, Communications & Events
Reports To: Senior Director of Communications
Basic Function: Play active role in wide range of department initiatives, with focus on leading those involved with the U.S. Women’s National Team program.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and point of contact to members of the media for the U.S. Women’s National Team program leading up to, during and following the 2022 Olympic Winter Games.
- Proactively publicize and promote the teams, programs, events and activities of the USA Hockey women’s program at the international, national and grassroots levels.
- Produce content - written, video, social media, graphics or other innovative formats for USA Hockey content channels, with particular focus on efforts related to the women’s national team program.
- Serve as a secondary contact within the department for all media and public relations activities. Respond to information and interview requests from members of the media, the USA Hockey membership and the general public.
- Contribute to social media channels.
- Serve in lead role in execution of the annual Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award.
- Develop communication pieces in support of USA Hockey initiatives as warranted.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, including, but not limited to, assisting in executing all major events hosted and/or managed by USA Hockey.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, public relations, sports administration or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of ice hockey.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to positively engage with members of the media, USA Hockey membership and the general public.
- Marketing and sales experience preferred.
- Standard office equipment.
- Office in a multi-level building. Ascending or descending stairs and the like. Elevator on premises.
- Physical demands: Exerting up to 25 lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.
- The nature of the position demands flexible hours until work is completed to meet the requirements, including but not limited to working extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Hours - This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Location – Colorado Springs, Colorado
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range: 50,000 - $60,000 on an annual basis. Our benefits package is generous and includes:
- Twelve (12) paid holidays, 10 days of vacation, 7 days of sick leave, 2 personal days per year.
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans with minimal co-pay. We pay a substantial amount of the health insurance premiums.
- Life insurance and long term disability insurance are company paid.
- A 403(b) retirement program which includes employer-matching contributions.
Application Procedure: To apply and be considered for this position please submit cover letter, resume and three (3) references in one .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.