Job Title: Intern for Disabled Hockey
Department: Membership Services
Reports To: Manager of Disabled Hockey
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contact local associations to maintain and update database of disabled hockey programs.
- Verify and approve disabled hockey rosters and eligibility.
- Administer and enforce disabled hockey rules and regulations.
- Coordinate and administer several events including but not limited to: Sled Select Camp, Disabled Hockey Festival, Sled Hockey Classic, Warrior Classic, Special Hockey Classic, and Blind Hockey Classic.
- Create and update Disabled Hockey resources and best practices.
- Support Disabled Hockey marketing and communication initiatives.
- Answer phone and email inquiries regarding disabled hockey.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Obtained or working towards a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in sports management, sports marketing, physical education, special education or related field.
- Must have excellent organizational, administrative and communication skills and a superior ability to work with others, particularly in a volunteer setting.
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with internal staff and external personnel.
- Ability to make clear decisions, based upon company policy, to make sound judgments and to exercise independent thinking.
- Ability to understand, comprehend, recall and communicate policies and procedures is essential.
- Computer proficiency is required with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- The ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously and to work independently with little supervision is required.
- Must also have the ability to travel outside of CO as needed, estimated three trips.
- Knowledge of USA Hockey and the ice hockey industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of adaptive sports is preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Governing Body (NGB) and Olympic/Paralympic industry.
- Adobe creative suite proficiency, specifically in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat.
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week.
- Position to begin in May 2020 and will last through April 2021 in Colorado Springs, Colorado office. Potential for travel and on-site responsibilities at summer camps and events as determined.
USA Hockey does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based only on job-related factors.