Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a complete understanding of USA Hockey at the local, state and district levels
- Maintain database of current registrations and ongoing maintenance for all member types
- Identify and assess members’ needs to achieve resolution
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with members through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Customer support with the general membership via verbal and written communication
- Assist with compiling reports as required
- Distribute materials and correspondence to Registrars
- Provide support for member hockey associations using the USA Hockey Portal
- Process data received from Learn to Play and Try Hockey For Free programs, to enter into database
- Assist member coaches with education requirements and support to navigate them through the specific systems for education
- Assist member coaches, volunteers and players with compliance requirements for SafeSport Training and background screening
- Attend all Registrar meetings at Annual Congress and other meetings as assigned
- Assist with compiling the USA Hockey Directory
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Occasional back up of front desk duties
- Perform other duties as assigned (throughout the organization)
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, database management, and data entry
- Strong customer service skills; able to build relationships with Members
- Patience and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to make difficult and timely decisions
- Must be comfortable interacting with administrators, members and volunteers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Knowledge of hockey and understanding of non-profit, volunteer organization helpful
- Standard office equipment
- Work space within a multi-level building and indoor/outdoor ice arenas
Travel required: Travel is local to Colorado Springs and Denver area.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
- Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package.
- Position to begin immediately at USA Hockey’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO.
- To apply, email current resume, to Kim Folsom at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls, please.
USA Hockey does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based only on job-related factors.