Reports To: Senior Director, Communications
Basic Function: Play active role in wide range of department initiatives, with focus on leading those involved with the U.S. Women’s National Team program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and point of contact to members of the media for the U.S. Women’s National Team program leading up to, during and following the 2018 Olympic Winter Games.
- Proactively publicize and promote the teams, programs, events and activities of the USA Hockey women’s program at the international, national and grassroots levels.
- Produce content -- written, video, social media, graphics or other innovative formats -- for USA Hockey content channels, with particular focus on efforts related to the women’s national team program.
- Serve as a secondary contact within the department for all media and public relations activities. Respond to information and interview requests from members of the media, the USA Hockey membership and the general public.
- Manage social media channels as directed.
- Serve in lead role in execution of the annual Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award.
- Develop communication pieces in support of USA Hockey initiatives as warranted.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, including, but not limited to, assisting in executing all major events hosted and/or managed by USA Hockey.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, public relations, sports administration or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of ice hockey.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays and travel both nationally and internationally.
- Ability to positively engage with members of the media, the USA Hockey membership and the general public.
- Three to five years of full-time professional experience.
- Marketing/sales experience.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package.
Availability: Position available immediately at USA Hockey’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application, current resume, salary history, and list of three references with contact information in one .pdf file to: