The 2014 National Hockey Coaches Symposium is fast approaching; spots and hotel rooms are filling quickly. This premier event will be held Aug. 21-24 at the J.W. Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa in Las Vegas, Nev.
Confirmed speakers to date:
- Dean Lombardi, general manager of the 2014 Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings
- Dan Bylsma, Stanley-cup winning coach and head coach of the 2014 United States Olympic men's ice hockey team
- Dr. Stephen Norris, vice president of Sport for WinSport Canada and a leading expert on long-term athlete development
- Jack Capuano, New York Islanders head coach
- Jon Cooper, Tampa Bay Lightning head coach
- Jeff Blashill, Grand Rapid Griffins head coach
- John Hynes, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins head coach
- Mike Boyle, U.S. Women’s Olympic Team strength and conditioning coach
- Tommi Niemela, Pelicans Lahti U20 Elite head coach and IIHF goaltending mentor coach
A final announcement of prominent former NHL players who will participate in a panel discussion will be made in the next few weeks.